Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Adding Kudu to Cloudera quickstart Docker

Highlighted

Adding Kudu to Cloudera quickstart Docker

Contributor

I am working with the cloudera quickstart image on docker which includes impala but not kudu. I would like to add kudu. What is the best approach? I am currently pursueing #1:

APPROACH 1

1)go inside the docker, install kudu master and server

2)see that kudu master and server are running

3)I tried to add the " -kudu_master_hosts=localhost " to the /etc/default/impalad file, and restart the impala service, but he does not recognize this flag.

3)Hence failure during create table -> it fails since he considers the word primary key as a syntax error.

APPROACH 2

I could do it using cloudera manager, using the parcels, but this looks harder to put in a Dockerfile

APPROACH 3

Using docker-compose : is there a reference somewhere on exactly how to do it?

Or other suggestions? This sounds a standard problem but I did not find any guideline online.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Adding Kudu to Cloudera quickstart Docker

Contributor

I found the problem: I was working wiht the official cloudera docker image, which is 3 years old and has a version of impala that does not suport kudu yet.

I then grabbed the cdh5.13 image from CLoudera's quickstart website and then it works.

This might help others.

NB: It might be useful if cloudera would make a more recent version available on the official docker repo.