Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Adding multiple host while on install options step of ambari server

Rising Star

I am setting up a 3 node cluster using HDP 2.3 stack and ambari 2.2.0. While, on the step to install options. As I understand i need to state the FQDNS of all the 3 nodes (FQDNs of 3 vsphere VMs in my case). In the Target Hosts text box I am entering I 3 nodes FQDNs each on a new line, But what do I do about the key? I mean, how do I paste or select the SSH-private key for all the 3 hosts. I only get an option to select one, because of which one gets successfully installed, and the other 2 fail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
15 REPLIES 15

Master Mentor
@Kunal Gaikwad

No

You will be pasting key of ambari-server

cd ~/.ssh

get the private key and paste in there...You need private key only from ambari server.

If you are doing manual agent install then you dont need to do this.

Rising Star

A bit unclear! I have 3 nodes (CentOS1.XXXX.net CentOS2.XXX.net CentOS3.XXX.net), so I need to mention all 3 FQDNs in the Target host text box or not? As, I was under the impression I need to mention all 3 FQDNs and keys. Now that you have informed me, I need to only mention the 1st one since that is my ambari server. I Read the caption on the page saying "Enter the list of hosts to be included in the cluster and provide your SSH key." so I thought I need to mention all of them.

Master Mentor

@Kunal Gaikwad

Yes all nodes fqdn

Ssh key only from ambari sever

Rising Star

So on the next page when it say successful to the 1st node and failed for the rest 2 its fine? on the COnfirm Hosts page

Master Mentor

@Kunal Gaikwad

What's the error ?

Rising Star

@Neeraj Sabharwal The next Confirm Host page shows me the following error in the table

Remove Selected Retry Failed Show:All (3)|Installing (0)|Registering (0)|Success (1)|Fail (2)

HostProgressStatusAction
centos1.XXXX.netSuccess Remove
centos2.XXXX.net Failed Remove
centos3.XXXX.net Failed Remove

All host checks passed on 1 registered hosts. Note: Host checks were skipped on 2 hosts that failed to register.

Master Mentor

@Kunal Gaikwad That does not help. You need to click on failed host and see the error...FYI

If you read errors very carefully then you can find the issue and fix

Super Collaborator

@Kunal Gaikwad

You have to use same key pair on all the hosts.

Master Mentor