Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Adding new gateway to Hadoop cluster

Solved Go to solution

Adding new gateway to Hadoop cluster

Explorer

We have a requirement to add a new gateway to hadoop cluster in additional to the one we already have. I have a couple of queries if anyone can help.

1. Are there any concerns in adding multiple gateways to a CDH cluster?

2. I came across the below article describing how to set up a gateway outside the cluster.

https://cloudera-portal.force.com/articles/KB_Article/Install-Cloudera-Client-on-non-Cloudera-server...

We have a kerberized cluster. Is it recommended to set up a gateway outside and will it be possible to submit jobs from this external gateway? (We have Oozie and Httpfs services running in a different host within the cluster). Are there any disadvantages to this approach?

Thank you in advance for your valuable inputs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding new gateway to Hadoop cluster

Rising Star

Hello,

You can add as many gateways as you want. If you add a gateway outside of Cloudera Manager  then the only disadvantage is that you need to do every step manually. For example these:

• installation of client configurations
  • installation of client packages
  • configuration of kerberos (/etc/krb5.conf)
  • etc.

Gabor

4 REPLIES 4

Rising Star

Hello,

You can add as many gateways as you want. If you add a gateway outside of Cloudera Manager  then the only disadvantage is that you need to do every step manually. For example these:

• installation of client configurations
  • installation of client packages
  • configuration of kerberos (/etc/krb5.conf)
  • etc.

Gabor

Explorer

@roczei Thank you for your response.

Do you mean to say that functionally, there will be no difference in a gateway set up outside? I can submit applications and access HDFS as I would do from a gateway within the cluster, correct?

Highlighted

Rising Star

@AnandMSYes.

Explorer

Thank you.