Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

After enabling kerberos, all my applications show error, especially solr.

when I start all the services it shows me a message:

org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException $ AuthFailedException: KeeperErrorCode = AuthFailed for /clusterprops.json

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Vicente Ciampa

Got in late tonight, can you adjust your krb5.conf the [domain_realm] should look like this

[domain_realm]
  prosqladmin.local = PROSQLADMIN.LOCAL
  .prosqladmin.local = PROSQLADMIN.LOCAL

For the errors can you drill down and copy paste the stack trace. All the components ain't starting because of a misconfiguration somewhere indeed the zookeeper starts first that's where all configurations are stored. Please attach the requested files to facilitate the troubleshooting.

Have a look at this HCC document before I can log on tomorrow through skype

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@Vicente Ciampa

There are a couple of things to check. If all applications are failingg there is a serious problem with your Kerberos setup.

To help troubleshoot, can you obscure the sensitive info in the below files and attach them

/etc/krb5.conf 
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf 
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl 
solr_jaas.conf 

Did the kerberization through Ambari UI succeed?

As root can you run on the KDC server the below command and see if the solr principal was created

# kadmin.local 
Authenticating as principal root/admin@REALM with password. 
kadmin.local: listprincs

Revert

I have not sent it because I am reinstalling the hadoop and some of its components.

I ask:

1) there is specific documentation to configure the services: HDFS, YARN, MapReduce2, Hive, HBase, Zookeeper, Ambari Infra, Ambari Metrics, Atlas, Kafka, Knox, Ranger, Spark2 and Zeppelin Notebook for KERBEROS

2) The task is to install kerberos so that users of the active directory can access (there is some documentation to help me the best practices to do this)

3) After reinstalling I will send you the files you asked for so please support me, thanks

4) You could connect by teamviewer so you can observe better. What do you think?

Thanks VC

Master Mentor

@Vicente Ciampa

Please find below some quick answers to your questions

1) there is specific documentation to configure the services: HDFS, YARN, MapReduce2, Hive, HBase, Zookeeper, Ambari Infra, Ambari Metrics, Atlas, Kafka, Knox, Ranger, Spark2 and Zeppelin Notebook for KERBEROS

There is no specific action to take if your kerberization is done through the Ambari Wizard, as it takes care of generating the principals and corresponding keytabs.

2) The task is to install kerberos so that users of the active directory can access (there is some documentation to help me the best practices to do this)

Yes have a look at this

site_one

site_two

Also see this video without audio

3) After reinstalling I will send you the files you asked for so please support me, thanks

I will wait for the files requested.

4) You could connect by teamviewer so you can observe better. What do you think?

Yes I can help by team viewer provided it's not a production environment otherwise you need the Hortoworks support team.

Hope that answers your questions

Hello Reinstall hadoop, services and kerberos, without errors, but after restarting all the services all show error in red color. remember to connect me using the active directory kdc my skype is: vciampaortega to chat please.

I add krb5.conf (picture) the rest of the files are not.

krb5conf.png

another points:

1) it is common conectionrefused, mainly starts with the zookeeper and then all services

2)I think I could install the solution otherwise a MIT kerberos (hadoop) that connects to the KDC of the Active directory

that you recommend me to do since no errors were installed everything but restarting started problems.

Thanks VC

Master Mentor

@Vicente Ciampa

Got in late tonight, can you adjust your krb5.conf the [domain_realm] should look like this

[domain_realm]
  prosqladmin.local = PROSQLADMIN.LOCAL
  .prosqladmin.local = PROSQLADMIN.LOCAL

For the errors can you drill down and copy paste the stack trace. All the components ain't starting because of a misconfiguration somewhere indeed the zookeeper starts first that's where all configurations are stored. Please attach the requested files to facilitate the troubleshooting.

Have a look at this HCC document before I can log on tomorrow through skype