Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

After server crash, HA Standby NameNode "Premature EOF from inputStream" ; JournalNode out of sync

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted

After server crash, HA Standby NameNode "Premature EOF from inputStream" ; JournalNode out of sync

Rising Star

CDH 5.1.3 installed with Parcel, HDFS HA enabled.

After a server crash (node running NameNode in standby mode and JournalNode), issues occur during restart. 

In NameNode log:

Failed to load image from FSImageFile(file=/data1/dfs/nn/current/fsimage_0000000000004637167, cpktTxId=0000000000004637167)
java.io.IOException: Premature EOF from inputStream
at org.apache.hadoop.io.IOUtils.readFully(IOUtils.java:194)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImageFormat$LoaderDelegator.load(FSImageFormat.java:221)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadFSImage(FSImage.java:906)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadFSImage(FSImage.java:892)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadFSImageFile(FSImage.java:715)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadFSImage(FSImage.java:653)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:276)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.loadFSImage(FSNamesystem.java:882)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.loadFromDisk(FSNamesystem.java:629)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.loadNamesystem(NameNode.java:498)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:554)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:720)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:704)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1354)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1420)

In JournalNode log:

IPC Server handler 3 on 8485, call org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.qjournal.protocol.QJournalProtocol.getEditLogManifest from 192.168.88.37:53375 Call#2 Retry#0: output error

How can I recover the node?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: After server crash, HA Standby NameNode "Premature EOF from inputStream" ; JournalNode

Rising Star

Not sure whether all these are correct. But I managed to make all instance "Green" with some manual operation...

JounalNode:

• I stopped another (good) JournalNode and copied the 'jn/[nameservice]/current' directory to the bad JournalNode. I tried copying while the good JournalNode was running, but starting the bad JournalNode gave same error as previously.

NameNode:

• I copied the fsimage file mentioned by the log from the a good NameNode.

1 REPLY 1

Re: After server crash, HA Standby NameNode "Premature EOF from inputStream" ; JournalNode

Rising Star

Not sure whether all these are correct. But I managed to make all instance "Green" with some manual operation...

JounalNode:

• I stopped another (good) JournalNode and copied the 'jn/[nameservice]/current' directory to the bad JournalNode. I tried copying while the good JournalNode was running, but starting the bad JournalNode gave same error as previously.

NameNode:

• I copied the fsimage file mentioned by the log from the a good NameNode.