Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

All Ambari Service UI does not launch but Ambari UI page can be viewed

Contributor

Hi, I am having trouble with all Ambari Service UI does not display but I can see all those services in Ambari UI in green state which make it doesn't have error at all. Please help me out. Thanks for advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Ashikin

it looks like everything is alright.

But when you are trying to access the HDFS cluster UIs then you will need to make sure that you Laptop (where you are opening the browser) has the hostname mapping properly done inside the "/etc/hosts" file. So that it can resolve the host "slot2"

From your Laptop (where you have opened the browser) please run the following command in a terminal to see if you are able to connect to the slot2 IP Address on port 50070? Assuming that the ipaddress of slot2 is 10.10.10.20 (in your case please replace it with correct ip address)

# telnet  10.10.10.20  50070
(OR)
# nc -v  10.10.10.20  50070

Please try accessing the UI using IP Address instead of hostname to see if it works. If that also does not work then please check if there is any firewall issue on the NameNode host? Please check if your NmaeNode host has the port 50070 opened? and if the firewall / iptables is disabled?

# service iptables stop
(OR)
# systemctl stop firewalld

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 50070

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@Ashikin

Can yo please share the screenshot of the ambari UI so that we can understand where do you see what exactly do you mean by "all Ambari Service UI does not display".

Also can you please check if the Ambari Agents are showing Heartbeat messages (green) when you click on the

Ambari UI --> Hosts (tab) check all the hosts are in green or yellow (yellow means heart beat lost)?

Contributor

Hi Jay, the following show the Ambari UI, hosts and one of ambari services UI, HDFS UI for example.

56519-ambari-ui.png

56520-hosts2.png

56521-hdfs-ui.png

Master Mentor

@Ashikin

it looks like everything is alright.

But when you are trying to access the HDFS cluster UIs then you will need to make sure that you Laptop (where you are opening the browser) has the hostname mapping properly done inside the "/etc/hosts" file. So that it can resolve the host "slot2"

From your Laptop (where you have opened the browser) please run the following command in a terminal to see if you are able to connect to the slot2 IP Address on port 50070? Assuming that the ipaddress of slot2 is 10.10.10.20 (in your case please replace it with correct ip address)

# telnet  10.10.10.20  50070
(OR)
# nc -v  10.10.10.20  50070

Please try accessing the UI using IP Address instead of hostname to see if it works. If that also does not work then please check if there is any firewall issue on the NameNode host? Please check if your NmaeNode host has the port 50070 opened? and if the firewall / iptables is disabled?

# service iptables stop
(OR)
# systemctl stop firewalld

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 50070

Contributor

Hi @Jay Kumar SenSharma, I already stopped the firewall at each slot but it still not been displayed.

I did the following "netstat -tnlpa | grep 50070" . Below is the result

[root@slot2 ~]# netstat -tnlpa | grep 50070
tcp        0      0 10.10.10.20:50070      0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN                        58845/java
tcp        0      0 10.10.10.20:50070      10.10.10.20:48374      TIME_WAIT                     -
tcp        0      0 10.10.10.20:50070      10.10.10.20:48366      TIME_WAIT                     -

Contributor

@Ashikin

Hi Ashikin, I am having the same issue as you had. How did you solve your issue? Would you please share the steps would be a great help. Thank you.