Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari 2.2.1 restart services

Contributor

After installing Hortonworks sandbox 2.4 I can not find out how to restart service like hbase Hdfs from Ambari. So what I need to know how to restart hadoop services from Ambari ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

In sandbox 2.4 the default username and password marie_dev have a read permission

for that you need to reset the username and password for admin , you can do that by lancing the script

ambari-admin-password-reset

after that you can login to Ambari by the username and password you just entered ,and there you have you admin permission 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Super Collaborator
@omar harb

Log into Ambari as the administrator and from the top menu select Services->HDFS. Then navigate to the right side of the page and you will see a pulldown menu for "Service Actions". The list of available actions for HDFS will be shown in the list. You can perform a Start, Restart, Stop, etc. from this menu. I have uploaded a couple of screen shots showing the actions.

screen-shot-2016-06-01-at-101948-am.png

screen-shot-2016-06-01-at-102002-am.png

Contributor

@Terry Padgett

yes I know but that's the problem in Ambari 2.2.1 in sandbox 2.4 I can't find this button Service Action

ambari.png

Super Collaborator
@omar harb

This post provides info on resetting the admin password and also provides some background on the decision.

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/20960/no-admin-permission-for-the-latest-sandbox-of-24.h...

Expert Contributor

Hi,

- Log to ambari console

- Select service want to restart (ex hbase)

- click on Service Action-> restart (or stop and then start)

ambari.png

Contributor

@Alessio Ubaldi

yes I know but that's the problem in Ambari 2.2.1 in sandbox 2.4 I can't find this button Service Action

Expert Contributor

I use sandbox 2.4 with ambari 2.2.1 and i have the button.. Can you attach a screen please?

Expert Contributor

Or you can start/stop (not restart) the service on hosts->sandbox.hortonworks.com->service you want restart (in case of hbase: hbase master and regionserver)

Expert Contributor

ps: how user do you use? You use admin user of ambari? I think you not use an ambari admin if you not able to restart a service

Contributor

@Alessio Ubaldi I am using this cord. to login to Ambari

url:http://localhost:8080 username:maria_dev password:maria_dev

ambari.png

ambari.png