Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari 2.5 deploy of hdp 2.6 faiils on RHEL 7 on libtirpc-devel libarary

New Contributor

Datanode install fails 2017-04-13 14:20:28,416 - Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install hadoop_2_6_0_3_8-client' returned 1. Error: Package: hadoop_2_6_0_3_8-hdfs-2.7.3.2.6.0.3-8.x86_64 (HDP-2.6)

Requires: libtirpc-devel
19 REPLIES 19

New Contributor

ENV: OS: RHEL 7.3, Ambari 2.5.0.3 and HDP 2.6

For this issue, we fixed by enabling following RHEL optional rpm repo.

14913-rhel73optionalrepo.png

Contributor

This worked for me. The command to enable the optional repo is:

yum-config-manager --enable rhui-REGION-rhel-server-optional

Expert Contributor

Thanks.

It works for me.

sudo yum-config-manager --enable rhui-REGION-rhel-server-optional
sudo yum install libtirpc-devel

Rising Star

Thank you - very useful!

Contributor

Thanks, it worked for me !

Expert Contributor

that is not FREE I guess,

I m struggling with this for 2 hours, I can find free solution four this

Explorer

@ Sreeni K... can you provide more details on how you resolved the issue

New Contributor

I had this problem earlier this month, after many fails, I resolved my problem by running the command below on each nodes of my cluster (ambari-server + ambari-agents) :

sudo yum install ftp://mirror.switch.ch/pool/4/mirror/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/Packages/libtirpc-devel-0.2.4-0.8.el7.x86_64.rpm

I just pick up libtirpc-devel from a FTP repository and yum install it

If this works for you, you will most likely have to remove snappy and reinstal it on each nodes too :

sudo yum remove snappy

sudo yum install snappy-devel

ff

New Contributor

I had the same issue. I fixed it by installing 'libtirpc-devel' package manually in all nodes.

wget ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/centos/6.8/os/x86_64/Packages/libtirpc-devel-0.2.1-11.el6.x86_64.rpm rpm -i libtirpc-devel-0.2.1-11.el6.x86_64.rpm Note :- If you have 'libtirpc-0.2.1-11' already installed in your system. Make sure you download and install the same version of 'libtirpc-devel'

Ambari should have included this dependency package.

Rising Star

I had same issue on rhel 7 with below error

Error:

Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install hadoop_2_6_3_0_235-hdfs' returned 1. Error: Package: hadoop_2_6_3_0_235-hdfs-2.7.3.2.6.3.0-235.x86_64 (HDP-2.6-repo-101) Requires: libtirpc-devel You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

Solution :

Please check the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 Optional (RPMs) enabled on all nodes with below command

# yum repolist all (To check enabled or disabled)

!rhui-REGION-rhel-server-optional/7Server/x86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 Optional (RPMs) Disabled:

#yum-config-manager --enable rhui-REGION-rhel-server-optional ( enabling the optional rpms)

Cross verify with first command to get it optional rpms enabled

# yum repolist all

!rhui-REGION-rhel-server-optional/7Server/x86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 Optional (RPMs) enabled: 13,201