Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari HDP installation fails with no more mirrors to try error

Explorer

Hi all,

I'm trying to install hadoop components using ambari server and it is failing in the last step(install, start, test step). Everything looks fine to me, internet is working fine and yum repos also seems fine to me.

I tried to run the same command manually from terminal also and it worked perfectly. but the script is not able to run that command.

Can anyone please suggest what exactly the issue is. Attaching log and yum dir screenshots.

stderr:   /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-794.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/datanode.py", line 167, in <module>
    DataNode().execute()

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute method(env) File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/datanode.py", line 49, in install self.install_packages(env, params.exclude_packages) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 404, in install_packages Package(name) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 154, in __init__ self.env.run() File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 158, in run self.run_action(resource, action) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 121, in run_action provider_action() File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/__init__.py", line 49, in action_install self.install_package(package_name, self.resource.use_repos, self.resource.skip_repos) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/yumrpm.py", line 49, in install_package shell.checked_call(cmd, sudo=True, logoutput=self.get_logoutput()) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner result = function(command, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call raise Fail(err_msg) resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install 'hadoop_2_4_*-libhdfs'' returned 1. Error Downloading Packages: hadoop_2_4_0_0_169-libhdfs-2.7.1.2.4.0.0-169.el6.x86_64: failure: hadoop/hadoop_2_4_0_0_169-libhdfs-2.7.1.2.4.0.0-169.el6.x86_64.rpm from HDP-2.4: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

5196-untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

Are you using any proxy to access internet?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Super Guru

Are you using any proxy to access internet?

Explorer

not sure @Jitendra Yadav, I've to check with the system admin for proxy. Do we have to configure anything extra if we use a proxy ?

Super Guru

can you please share the output of below command from that node where its failing?

yum list 'hadoop_2_4*-libhdfs*'

Explorer

Here's the output for above command: 5198-untitled.png

Explorer

Hi @Jitendra Yadav, I just checked and yes it's behind a proxy.

Super Guru

Explorer

I setup the proxy like this and still it's failing with same error message.

5199-untitled.png

Super Guru

You added it in wrong way, you need to append those confs in AMBARI_JVM_ARGS variable. After that restart the ambari server.

export AMBARI_JVM_ARGS=$AMBARI_JVM_ARGS' -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.conf -Djava.security.krb5.conf=/etc/krb5.conf -Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=false -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.sgp.hp.com -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080'

Explorer

I modified the proxy setting and retried after restarting the ambari-server. This time it's throwing the following error:

untitled.png