i am trying to add service Ambari metric Service for hdp2.6.3.
- got 1 alert PFA. hbase-alert.png
- i was able to start AMS service
-so i tried to acess http:127.0.0.1:6188
got below logs from "/var/log/ambari-metrics-monitor/ambari-metrics-monitor.out"
2018-03-05 16:05:55,395 [INFO] emitter.py:154 - Calculated collector shard based on hostname : sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com
2018-03-05 16:05:55,399 [WARNING] emitter.py:146 - Error sending metrics to server. [Errno 111] Connection refused
2018-03-05 16:05:55,399 [WARNING] emitter.py:111 - Retrying after 5 ...
2018-03-05 16:06:00,400 [WARNING] emitter.py:146 - Error sending metrics to server. [Errno 111] Connection refused
2018-03-05 16:06:00,401 [WARNING] emitter.py:111 - Retrying after 5 ...
2018-03-05 16:06:05,403 [WARNING] emitter.py:146 - Error sending metrics to server. [Errno 111] Connection refused
2018-03-05 16:06:05,403 [WARNING] emitter.py:111 - Retrying after 5 ...
2018-03-05 16:06:10,405 [WARNING] emitter.py:120 - Metric collector host sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com was blacklisted.
2018-03-05 16:06:10,405 [INFO] emitter.py:96 - No valid collectors found...
- got few refernces fro whitelisting https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Metrics+-+Whitelisting
but it is for whitelisting apps not the hosts or ip address.
Can you try whitelisting all the services you have installed in the node? Since this is a Sandbox, ensure all services like Datanode, Namenode etc are whitelisted.
Its working for me . followed below steps:-
- add port for sandbox container 6188. follow document
- once the port is added. sandbox is up and running. login as admin/admin through ambari UI.
- Click on Actions from All services -> click on Add service.
- select "Ambari Metrics Service"
- In configuration Setting change the heapsize as per the configuration in below reference.
- after deploying ambari metrics service succesfully.
- from service start Ambari Infra-which will start solr
- from services start atlas- there is some dependancy of solr- atlas-hbase-ams
- click on Ambari Metrics- start.
- if still not working then follow :-
- API cmds to retrieve the data from ams
- follow document for more details