Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Metrics - Switching from Embedded to Distributed Mode Fails

Contributor

I have tried following the instructions in the link below which saves just fine. But when I go to start the Metrics Collector, it will look like it is started but then will show as being in a stopped state.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/AMS+-+distributed+mode

I changed the hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort property to 2181 as in the doc as well but I noticed in the log it is showing the old port in the socket connection with the following line saying "session... for server null"

In the web interface however, I get the following errors:

Metrics Collector - ZooKeeper Server ProcessConnection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to r9-01.maas:2181Metrics Collector - HBase Master ProcessConnection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to r9-01.maas:61310

Here is a little snippet from the /var/log/ambari-metrics-collector.log file. The rest of the log seemed to repeat the same messages.

2016-02-16 16:04:31,425 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to server localhost/127.0.0.1:61181. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
2016-02-16 16:04:31,426 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x152e783fe0d0001 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
2016-02-16 16:04:31,526 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Possibly transient ZooKeeper, quorum=localhost:61181, exception=org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase/meta-region-server 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
10 REPLIES 10

Contributor

Awesome. The referred Articles helped me solve my ambari-metrics restart issue.

Here is the short form of the steps

1) Stop Ambari Metrics Collector and Grafana

2) Backup the embedded hbase and hbase-temp folders and deleted them. (The paths could differ from default. So I looked up the hbase.rootdir and hbase.tmp.dir properties in Ambari > Ambari Metrics > Config for the appropriate path)

3) Restart Ambari Metrics Collector and Grafana

The Ambari Metrics Collector Started correctly without any errors.

Note: As you may have suspected, by deleting the existing hbase folder, you will loose the metrics history.