Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Services Error in Cluster

Contributor

Hi All,

When I go to the Cluster's services, most of the services failed. When I tried to restart each services, it took a long time to start it. Help would be appreciated.

services-error-cluster.png

Best Regards

David Yee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @David Yee,

Below are two solution i can suggest to resolve your problem -

1. You can use "Private IP address" instead of public ip address [ie. 52.77.231.10] in /etc/hosts file. No more changes will be required [assuming you have use hostname while registering hosts with ambari]. Changing the hosts file will take an effect to get service started, if not make sure you restart the cluster for changes to take effect. PFA screenshot.

1579-ec2-private-ip-address.png

2. You can use Elastic IP for your ec2 instances, so that the ip will never change even if your instance gets restarted. You can see the below link for assigning elastic ip to ec2-instances -

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/GettingStartedGuide/getting-started-assign-eip.html

[Note: Elastic ip are not free.Make sure you check AWS costing model for the same.]

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Contributor

hadoop-hdfs-namenode-ip-172-30-1-137ap-southeast-1.zip

It is still the same. This is the logfile.

Master Mentor

@David Yee

2016-01-26 22:17:29,083 ERROR namenode.NameNode (NameNode.java:main(1712)) - Failed to start namenode. java.net.BindException: Port in use: ip-172-30-1-137.ap-southeast-1.compute.internal:50075

netstat -anp | grep 50075

it wil give you the process id..kill that process and try again

Contributor

Hi Neeraj,

I have tried but could not still start it.

Best Regards

David

Contributor

Hi Neeraj,

Can you help me to check if my hosts file is configured correctly? Just to let you know that I am using AWS EC2 as the server and everytime I restart my server it will give me a new IP address.

Best Regards

David

Expert Contributor

Hi @David Yee,

Below are two solution i can suggest to resolve your problem -

1. You can use "Private IP address" instead of public ip address [ie. 52.77.231.10] in /etc/hosts file. No more changes will be required [assuming you have use hostname while registering hosts with ambari]. Changing the hosts file will take an effect to get service started, if not make sure you restart the cluster for changes to take effect. PFA screenshot.

1579-ec2-private-ip-address.png

2. You can use Elastic IP for your ec2 instances, so that the ip will never change even if your instance gets restarted. You can see the below link for assigning elastic ip to ec2-instances -

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/GettingStartedGuide/getting-started-assign-eip.html

[Note: Elastic ip are not free.Make sure you check AWS costing model for the same.]

Contributor

Sorry guys managed to finally start the namenode by changing the value to 0.0.0.0. It works perfectly.

Master Mentor

@David Yee has this been resolved? Can you provide a solution or accept the best answer?