Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari UI Service Wizard Color

Explorer

What is the difference between green, yellow and white in the add service wizard?

71438-za.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Victor

The services shows in Green Color indicates that they are already installed on your cluster (Or selected currently)

No Color means you can add those services.

Can you please let us know which version of ambari is it? May be the components that you see in yellow are in tech preview purpose in that version.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Explorer

NiFi and Solr have a yellow color which doesnt show in the screenshot for some reason

Master Mentor

@Victor

The services shows in Green Color indicates that they are already installed on your cluster (Or selected currently)

No Color means you can add those services.

Can you please let us know which version of ambari is it? May be the components that you see in yellow are in tech preview purpose in that version.

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma that I could guess 😛 but what is the yellow color ?

Master Mentor

@Victor

It depends on the version of Ambar that you are using.

Some of the Tech Preview components can be seen in yellow. Can you please let us know which version of Ambari is it? And from where you installed the MPack for those components.

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

it is Apache Ambari Version 2.6.1.0 and the MPacks were their by default when I installed the sandbox directly from the website

Master Mentor

@Victor

I quickly looked at the code. Looks like there should be only 3 colors in that Page for the services.

1. White Color (white and grey are just the alternate row colors)

2. Green Color (means Selected or already installed services)

3. Grey Color

Can you please check in some other browser. Or in Incognito mode of the browser to see if you are still seeing yellow of if there is some coloring issue from browser of OS side.

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma yes that was a browser coloring issue ! Thank you ! Fixed.