Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari add new host issue

Explorer

Hi everyone,

I just added a new host (DataNode and NodeManager) to my HDP 2.3 cluster. Amabri successfully added the host through every steps without any warning.

But in the end, I can't see my new host in the 'Hosts' tab. I can see that the number of Live Datanodes as increase in Ambari, but not in the formal Namenode Web UI (the one running on port 50070 of the Namenode). Even worst, when every mapreduce tasks are pending in ACCEPTED since YARN is unable to allocate resources on the new host.

Did one of you already faced this situation ? Does anyone has a idea where I should look ?

Thank you for any help.

Bests,

Orlando

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Oh, I found my problem by looking at the datanode logs. It was an issue with my hostname resolution.

Thank you for your help and your reactivity.

Bests,

Orlando

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru
@Orlando Cassano

Can you try restarting Ambari server and also please try to restart ambari agent on the new host you added.

Check if that helps.

Explorer

Hi @Sagar Shimpi,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunatelly, restarting the ambari-server does not fix the issue. The new added host is not appearing in Ambari's Hosts tab.

Moreover, why is the datanode not present in the Namenode Web UI (on port 50070 ?)

Something seems wrong with this host but I don't know where to look at.

Thank you again for your help.

Orlando

Explorer

Oh, I found my problem by looking at the datanode logs. It was an issue with my hostname resolution.

Thank you for your help and your reactivity.

Bests,

Orlando

Super Guru

Good to hear that it works.