Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari is not loading Hive View

Ambari is not loading Hive View

New Contributor

Hi there,

I have recently downloaded and installed HDP2.5 Sandbox in my VirtualBox. When I access Ambari and click on 9 Square User View and go to Hive View, it does not load any interface. It just shows an empty page. The following screenshot shows what I am talking about. I am a newbie trying to learn the Hadoop tools. Any help would be much appreciated.

screen-shot-2016-10-12-at-10317-pm.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ambari is not loading Hive View

@Rajib Datta

1. Please check if you notice any error in the "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log" or inside the hive view log file like "/var/log/ambari-server/hive-view/" logs.

2. Try removing the "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work" directory and restart the ambari-server?

3. Try creating a fresh Hive Instance from ambari UI. "manage ambari" --> Views --> create instance of Hive View.

Re: Ambari is not loading Hive View

New Contributor

hi jk, thanks for your reply.

Hive_view log file is empty while in ambari-server.log file did not quite make sense as it is quite big.

I tried removing work directory but was not able to do it either. I had also created a fresh hive instance but nothing worked out yet.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here