Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari server fails to start

Contributor

Hi,

I downloaded the sandbox from Hortonworks site and installed it successfully. As the ambari server wasn't running automatically, I installed the ambari server through command line and tried to start the server.

I am receiving the following error in the server log. I did connect using the same user and performed select on table successfully that is mentioned in the log. Any help is much appreciated.

16 Feb 2017 18:35:13,319 INFO [main] AmbariServer:913 - Getting the controller 16 Feb 2017 18:35:15,883 ERROR [main] AmbariServer:927 - Failed to run the Ambari Server Local Exception Stack: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.6.2.v20151217-774c696): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not read block 0 of relation base/16384/16953: read only 0 of 8192 bytes Error Code: 0 Call: SELECT "metainfo_key", "metainfo_value" FROM metainfo WHERE ("metainfo_key" = ?) bind => [1 parameter bound] Query: ReadObjectQuery(name="readMetainfoEntity" referenceClass=MetainfoEntity sql="SELECT "metainfo_key", "metainfo_value" FROM metainfo WHERE ("metainfo_key" = ?)") at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:340) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.basicExecuteCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:684)

[root@sandbox ~]# psql -U ambari -d ambari;

Password for user ambari:

psql (8.4.20) Type "help" for help.

ambari=> SELECT "metainfo_key", "metainfo_value" FROM metainfo;

metainfo_key | metainfo_value

--------------+----------------

(0 rows)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Manish Anand

In MySQL also you will have no data ... because you do not have a dump. (Hence using MySQL / Postgres both are same in this scenario)

The current cluster information is anyway lost due to postgres table/db corruption. In this case you can try running the following command to reset postgres ambari DB (it will clear all previous data)

ambari-server reset

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Master Mentor

@Manish Anand

Start ambari-server and then you should be able to now, login to ambari and then setup cluster.

Contributor

@Jay SenSharma

The server is up and running and I am able to open the ambari login page. Thanks a lot and I appreciate you for all the guidance you provided.

New Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma In my case, when I experienced the error it was because my ambari database user did not have any privileges on the ambari database. (Postgresql 9.5) I added the ambari role to postgres role and it worked.