Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari server installation on Centos 7 with python3

New Contributor

Hi,

I want to install ambari server on centos 7 where it should use python3 not python 2.

can any one suggest how can i do that ..

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

Python 3 is not supported by any versions of Ambari.

You can reference the following posts for more information:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Python3-x-Compatibility-in-HDP-2-6-x-and-3-x/td-...

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

New Contributor

Is it possible that by changing python scripts of ambari server from python 2 to python3 can we install ambari successfully ?

or is there any possible way like by using virtual environment etc

please advise

Super Guru

@devops there are some informations around the internet for work arounds making ambari think python 2 is really python 3, but the short answer is above. Please accept the answer.  The workaround just creates more problems than it solves.   Python 3 was never finished in Ambari, and it doesn't look like it will ever be improved for python 3.  In the same high level conversation, the version of java supported is now similarly antiquated.