Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

An unexpected error occured while sharing drive

New Contributor

I tried to install HortonWorks HDP Sandbox with Docker on a Windows10 Machine, as described here: https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials/sandbox-deployment-and-install-guide/3.html

I executed the command
sh docker-deploy-hdp30.sh
in a Git Bash console window, having admin rights. It seems that pulling the image worked but I got following error:

C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: An unexpected error occurred while sharing drive.

=>How can I resolve that? Does the docker image expect that a certain drive exists?

Some more output from the console:

4b9047c5fbbb: Download complete
951bdea65c93: Pull complete
4b9047c5fbbb: Pull complete
773156407aae: Pull complete
d8524176841d: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:42e4cfbcbb76af07e5d8f47a183a0d4105e65a1e7ef39fe37ab746e8b2523e9e
Status: Downloaded newer image for hortonworks/sandbox-proxy:1.0
docker.io/hortonworks/sandbox-proxy:1.0
+ '[' hdp == hdf ']'
+ '[' hdp == hdp ']'
+ hostname=sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com
++ docker images
++ grep hortonworks/sandbox-hdp
++ awk '{print $2}'
+ version=3.0.1
+ docker network create cda
6a49701140839d32eebaa5b10bce2ca3e830f564e3f3049aea37248fbe971875
+ docker run --privileged --name sandbox-hdp -h sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com --network=cda --network-alias=sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com -d hortonworks/sandbox-hdp:3.0.1
94baa202b35c25cdf82219fdd396b1bffac4c95fc079c049111e695da4c6224e
+ echo ' Remove existing postgres run files. Please wait'
Remove existing postgres run files. Please wait
+ sleep 2
+ docker exec -t sandbox-hdp sh -c 'rm -rf /var/run/postgresql/*; systemctl restart postgresql-9.6.service;'
+ sed s/sandbox-hdp-security/sandbox-hdp/g assets/generate-proxy-deploy-script.sh
+ mv -f assets/generate-proxy-deploy-script.sh.new assets/generate-proxy-deploy-script.sh
+ chmod +x assets/generate-proxy-deploy-script.sh
+ assets/generate-proxy-deploy-script.sh
+ uname
+ grep MINGW
MINGW64_NT-10.0-17763
+ sed -i -e 's/\( \/[a-z]\)/\U\1:/g' sandbox/proxy/proxy-deploy.sh
+ chmod +x sandbox/proxy/proxy-deploy.sh
+ sandbox/proxy/proxy-deploy.sh
C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: An unexpected error occurred while sharing drive.
See 'C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe run --help'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

The linked install guide includes the trouble shooting info below. I did not find that info with a search engine and therefore decided to share it here. Please use text instead of images for the examples and trouble shooting in future.

Drive not shared

docker-drive-not-shared

• Docker needs write access to the drive where the docker-deploy-.sh is executed.

• The easiest solution is to execute script from Downloads folder.

• Otherwise, go to Docker Preferences/Settings -> File Sharing/Shared Drives -> Add/Select path/drive where deploy-scripts are located and try again.I

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

The linked install guide includes the trouble shooting info below. I did not find that info with a search engine and therefore decided to share it here. Please use text instead of images for the examples and trouble shooting in future.

Drive not shared

docker-drive-not-shared

• Docker needs write access to the drive where the docker-deploy-.sh is executed.

• The easiest solution is to execute script from Downloads folder.

• Otherwise, go to Docker Preferences/Settings -> File Sharing/Shared Drives -> Add/Select path/drive where deploy-scripts are located and try again.I