Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ansible Solr service deployment via Cloudbreak Management Packs

Highlighted

Ansible Solr service deployment via Cloudbreak Management Packs

New Contributor

Hi,

We have a HDP cluster via Cloudbreak 2.7.1. Requirement is to automate deploying Solr service on this cluster using management packs from cloudbreak.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ansible Solr service deployment via Cloudbreak Management Packs

@Kevin B

You have the option in Cloudbreak 2.7.1 to register the Management Pack with the URL described in the official docs, and assign the registered MPack to the cluster in the cluster creation wizard (CB docs here). You can automate it with the CB CLI, too.

Hope this helps!

New Contributor

@pdarvasi

Thanks for your insight.

So can we have our own post ambari-cluster recipe for Solr and the management pack as well. How can we write this whole ansible script to use the management pack along with our recipe to deploy solr in the existing ambari cluster.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

@Kevin B

I am not sure I get your point. The original question has been answered in my first answer, everything can be automated fully with the CB CLI and you don't need to use a recipe for that. You don't need to use ansible scripts either as the whole process can be implemented with a handful of Cloudbreak CLI calls.

Please comment if I misunderstood your question.

Hope this helps!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here