Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache Atlas 503 Error - Context initialization failed (ContextLoader:350) at startup on HDInsight 3.5

Explorer

Hi I try to install Apache Atlas on HDInsight 3.5. When I start the service it seems to start up with no particular error in the application.log.

However the curl command throws 503 Error service not available.

curl -v http://localhost:21000/api/atlas/admin/version

The tar has been built with external Hbase and Solr option. The connection to Hbase seems to work as expected and I can in fact see the apache_atlas_titan table created in the Hbase.

I tha atlast<timestamp>.out file I can spot an error:

ERROR - [main:] ~ Context initialization failed (ContextLoader:350)
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'entityDiscoveryService' defined in URL [jar:file:/usr/hdp/current/apache-atlas-0.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT/server/webapp/atlas/WEB-INF/lib/atlas-repository-0.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/apache/atlas/discovery/EntityDiscoveryService.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 3; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'graphBackedSearchIndexer' defined in URL [jar:file:/usr/hdp/current/apache-atlas-0.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT/server/webapp/atlas/WEB-INF/lib/atlas-repository-0.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/apache/atlas/repository/graph/GraphBackedSearchIndexer.class]: Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.apache.atlas.repository.graph.GraphBackedSearchIndexer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.apache.atlas.repository.RepositoryException: com.thinkaurelius.titan.core.TitanException: Could not register new index field with index backend.

Has any of you guys a clue how to fix that? Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Could you share the atlas config? Looks like there's some failure while creating a new index.

Explorer

Actually, I've managed to solve it. It was caused by Solr. Running Solr in cloud mode did the trick. More details on running Solr in cloud mode can be found here . Thank you.