Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Apache Atlas cannot update metadata through hook using hive JDBC remote mode?

Highlighted

Apache Atlas cannot update metadata through hook using hive JDBC remote mode?

New Contributor

I configured hook in hive site. XML. However, I found that remote connection using JDBC such as beeline or hue could not achieve synchronous update of metadata.

I don't know why, can someone answer for me?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Apache Atlas cannot update metadata through hook using hive JDBC remote mode?

@xuwei weir

Make sure atlas is healthy (can check application.log) and then check if there are any errors in the hiveserver2.log post creating the table in hive. That should give some clue.

Re: Apache Atlas cannot update metadata through hook using hive JDBC remote mode?

New Contributor

@Sandeep Nemuri

Hello

I checked all the logs and raised the log level of hiveServer2 to Debug, but there were no significant reported exceptions.

New Contributor

@Sandeep Nemuri

When I use hue for the create table operation, the application.log does not have any new logs unless I use the hive cli.

New Contributor

@xuwei weir

when using beeline/hue please check the hiveserver2 log right after the query gets executed Atlas hook will be called. Do check if there are any errors there. Another thing if you have ranger check if the user who is creating the tables has all permissions. Per: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/bk_data-governance/content/ch_hdp_data_gove...