Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache Flink - InvalidPathException: Nul character not allowed

Contributor

Hello,

I am running Flink 1.14.4 with 3 jobs running in it. JVM: openjdk version "1.8.0_312". All jobs are running without any issues (at least not obviously noticed) however, I see the below exception in the log. Im not able to understand the reason for the exception. Not sure what is the issue.

Appreciate any help on this.

Exception: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Nul character not allowed (full stack trace below)

2022-08-15 16:35:15.350 [flink-rest-server-netty-worker-thread-5] WARN  org.apache.flink.runtime.rest.FileUploadHandler  - File upload failed.
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Nul character not allowed: bash' '-c' #cmdlinux})).(#p new java.lang.ProcessBuilder(#cmds)).(#p.redirectErrorStream(true)).(#process #p.start()).(#ros (@org.apache.struts2.ServletActionContext@getResponse().getOutputStream())).(@org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils@copy(#process.getInputStream() #ros)).(#ros.flush())}b
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.checkNotNul(UnixPath.java:93)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.normalizeAndCheck(UnixPath.java:83)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.<init>(UnixPath.java:71)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystem.getPath(UnixFileSystem.java:281)
	at sun.nio.fs.AbstractPath.resolve(AbstractPath.java:53)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.rest.FileUploadHandler.channelRead0(FileUploadHandler.java:189)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.rest.FileUploadHandler.channelRead0(FileUploadHandler.java:71)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:99)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:379)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:365)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:357)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler$DelegatingChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:436)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:324)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:296)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.channelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:251)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:379)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:365)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:357)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1410)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:919)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:166)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:719)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:655)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:581)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:493)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:989)
	at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Thanks,

Prabu.

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

@spserd ,

Do these error appear only once in the logs or are they recurring?

What's the command line you used to run the job?

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

@araujo 

1. The error is recurring in the logs.

2. To start/stop Flink, I use 'service flink-jobmanager start/stop'. 

3. To start the Flink job, I use: $FLINK_HOME/bin/flink run -d /opt/flink-jobs/lib/job1.jar --pathToPropertyFile /opt/flink-jobs/conf/job1.properties

4. To cancel the Flink job, I get the ID from 'flink list' command and I use: $FLINK_HOME/bin/flink cancel <ID>

Please let me know if you need anything.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Prabu.

Super Guru

Not sure what's going on. What's your job doing?

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

Hi @araujo,

My apologies for coming back late.

The job reads from 2 Kafka sources and send the data to Kinesis stream (sink).

Thanks,

Prabu.