Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Atlas UI not working

Rising Star

Atlas Services are working but when i restart i get Atlas Metadata Server Error

Here is the error:

stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-709.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/ATLAS/0.1.0.2.3/package/scripts/metadata_server.py", line 217, in <module>
    MetadataServer().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 685, in restart
    self.stop(env, upgrade_type=upgrade_type)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/ATLAS/0.1.0.2.3/package/scripts/metadata_server.py", line 113, in stop
    user=params.metadata_user,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 155, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 273, in action_run
    tries=self.resource.tries, try_sleep=self.resource.try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 71, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 93, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 141, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 294, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'source /etc/atlas/conf/atlas-env.sh; /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/bin/atlas_stop.py' returned 255. Exception: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/bin/atlas_stop.py", line 67, in <module>
    returncode = main()
  File "/usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/bin/atlas_stop.py", line 49, in main
    os.kill(pid, SIGTERM)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Hitesh Rajpurohit

How is Atlas started in first place? Is it started using ambari or manually?

The error in the log says - the concerned user whoever is trying to restart atlas does not have permissions to stop the atlas service. This could happen in cases when atlas is started using some other user.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@Hitesh Rajpurohit

How is Atlas started in first place? Is it started using ambari or manually?

The error in the log says - the concerned user whoever is trying to restart atlas does not have permissions to stop the atlas service. This could happen in cases when atlas is started using some other user.

Rising Star

Hi Ayub,

Atlas was started with admin credentials only and now i'm trying to restart using Admin login only.

Can you please run the below command on the atlas host machine and paste the output here?

ps aux | grep -i Atlas

Also, please provide the output log when the service is started

Rising Star

Hi There are 2 files command output is the Output after running that command and new6,txt is log filecommand-output.txtnew-6.txt

Ok. I see that atlas is not running from command output. So, just remove the pid file of atlas and start it from ambari.

rm /var/run/atlas/atlas.pid

This should get the atlas started.

Rising Star

@Ayub Khan After Running that command that error is resolved But now i'm getting this error

PFA error fleerror.txt

Could you please post this as a different question? This helps to get visibility of the issue to the entire community.

Rising Star

Sorry this is the error file. Thank you

erro2.txt