Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

New Contributor

I cant get atlas to show any data using HDP 2.5 sandbox.

I have tried/checked the following things:

  • Enabling: Amabari Infra, Kafka, HBase, Ranger, Atlas, Ranger Tag Sync service, HBase region server
  • hive has data
  • holger_gov can access the data in hive

But everytime i check atlas it says 'No Record found!'

8443-screenshot-from-2016-10-12-10-55-45.png

Does anyone know how i can get this to work? Or a way to debug it? What logs could have relevant information?

Atlas application log: application.txt

Atlas application log after creating table and adding data: applicationaftertablecreation.txt

Hiveserver2 logs: hiveserver2.tar.gz

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

New Contributor

Hmm, I set atlas.hook.hive.synchronous to false to check if the problem reemerged, but it didnt.

Maybe the problem has been fixed, I downloaded the latest version of the sandbox this morning.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

New Contributor

I have followed the instructions in those posts before asking this question.

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

Expert Contributor

I had the same problem. I reimported the vm and bumped up its memory to 12GB, and I haven't had the issue since.

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I have tried increasing the memory but it still doesnt work.

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

@Floris Smit

Can you please share the snapshot(attach the log) of the atlas application log?

Also, try creating a sample table in hive and capture the hiveserver2.log and atlas application log for the sample table creation time. Please paste this log as well.

Above logs are needed for debugging.

Also, please check if all the dependent services are up and running(HBase(regionservers), Kafka, Ambari-infra).

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

New Contributor

Thanks for you reply! I have added the logs to the main post. It looks like there are some exceptions in the application log of atlas.

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

@Floris Smit

From the atlas application log, the metadata is consumed by atlas and everything looks fine..

2016-10-12 10:05:16,487 INFO  - [NotificationHookConsumer thread-0:] ~ Updated entities: {
  "entities": {
    "updated": [
      "52bf585a-8e66-4402-864a-84bc201daffc",
      "f67d81d9-4e2e-4396-99cf-2f2166e9fd83",
      "43c64fde-38c6-4dbc-b75e-86d804e619c0",
      "f5cdd132-0066-4a37-82a3-837d9316650d",
      "53015e6b-2588-4c3c-925b-1cc2596eebc5",
      "3ae5d014-147e-468d-a442-e4253d647fdc",
      "ae0dacc8-66ac-4c5f-8673-35a3d1ca678c",
      "fdc38fcc-edb9-48f6-a2f8-282a9032793a",
      "c33fc14c-7aeb-45cb-b933-8e3c3d9f5a6e",
      "52c78367-162c-4e91-b5f1-5335c8f2ad16",
      "59af504a-192c-4814-b657-80e3c3a5bb8b",
      "367ea90f-4bb7-4fc8-a43a-0fba1250cd29"
    ]
  }
} (EntityResource:210)

Even the hive logs reflect the same.

Also, atlas.hook.hive.synchronous is setting used to publish messages at the user convenience(sync/async). In your case, even after setting atlas.hook.hive.synchronous to false, the metadata should have been published to atlas.

atlas.hook.hive.synchronous - boolean, true to run the hook synchronously. default false. Recommended to be set to false to avoid delays in hive query completion.

source: http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/Bridge-Hive.html

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

New Contributor

Hmm, I set atlas.hook.hive.synchronous to false to check if the problem reemerged, but it didnt.

Maybe the problem has been fixed, I downloaded the latest version of the sandbox this morning.

Re: Atlas not showing any results in sandbox

Glad that you tried resetting the property to check the actual issue.

I think the actual issue was, the way you tried to access the hive entities from UI. You could have tried DSL search like below.

8448-atlas-2016-10-12-16-36-46.png