Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Bad experience with HDPCD spark certificate exam

Highlighted

Bad experience with HDPCD spark certificate exam

New Contributor

I had HDPCD spark certificate exam a while back. There were quite a lot issues, one of the most significant problem being that, the cluster python version was 2.6, the driver python version was 2.7, such that some execution command cannot be finished due to conflict of python versions. This "successfully" prevent me from executing my code within pyspark shell. It took me 20min - 30 min to realize this problem and verified it on cluster. I don't think it is my responsibility to fix the issue on my end, it takes time, and time is very precious during test. The test homepage clearly states the environment will be python 2.7.

Anyway, I end up with writing script only without executing them. I communicated with HW quite several times by calling and emailing, sadly no response so far.

If HW employee is here, can you please take a look at case # 11492. I just want to get a result and move on ASAP. Not getting response from HW after so many days are disappointing. My initial request was over three weeks.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bad experience with HDPCD spark certificate exam

They Do not care, and do not think they are liable for this. as they have already looted you for this exam. there is nothing that you can do. I had a similar experience and missed opportunity to go abroad for my project twice because they do not have expertise to evaluate my exam.

No response

No liability

Looting people.

I am so sorry to be replying so bad on your post. but this frustration has build up in last 3 months. and still NO RESPONSE.

If there is someone from hortonworks looking at this post please provide me with an escalation email or contact.

Shashank.rathore07@gmail.com

Highlighted

Super Guru

I have contacted the training team

New Contributor

@Shashank Rathore

Thanks for your support. I am suffering the same thing: more than 2 months I haven't got any response from HW -- in one email communication, they told me that it takes 5-7 business days to score. That is BS. I have sent them emails for update every week, looks like those people don't care about you, even I am their customer.

I am looking for ways to escalate.

Highlighted

Super Guru

I have contacted the training team

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thanks Timothy. You have resolved my concern. I immediately got response from HW certification team. Super thanks.

Highlighted

Here is a list of all my support tickets.

Finally they responded with a failed result for which I requested a revaluation. In ticket# 10477 on 6th feb they mentioned saying that they will re-valuate my result. After repeated requests there was no response and then on 24th Feb I received mail that my ticket is closed.

Then I again attempted HDPCA but again there was not result for weeks. and again on repeated tickets and emails I received a failed result after 20 days of exam date. I again requested for a revaluation on 23rd feb but no Updated Till date.

I do not want to do any more followups with hortonworks university. Please return my exam fees.

As I am aware that this is an internal issue that HORTONWORKS is facing.

In such a scenario stop conducting any more exams, you have no rights to play with someone's career and their hard earned money.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here