Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Bug: PutEmail doesn`t send (attach) messages more than 1 Kb - Apache NiFi

Explorer

I have got a difficulty with PutEmail processor. It doesn't send (attach) messages more than 1 Kb.

Is it a bug?

Screenshot from 2020-06-02 17-38-12.pngScreenshot from 2020-06-02 17-38-30.pngScreenshot from 2020-06-02 17-39-48.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bug: PutEmail doesn`t send (attach) messages more than 1 Kb - Apache NiFi

Contributor

Hi @Maria_pl ,

Does the send-mail processor produce any errors when the message fails to send? Also, please check the NiFi logs (nifi-app.log should be the one that might give you a hint as to what is happening in the background, but while there you might want to check the rest of the NiFi logs).

I see that you are using the latest version of NiFi. We are currently on version 1.10.0 and PutEmail works fine. 

Kind regards,

Julius

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

Hi @Maria_pl ,

Does the send-mail processor produce any errors when the message fails to send? Also, please check the NiFi logs (nifi-app.log should be the one that might give you a hint as to what is happening in the background, but while there you might want to check the rest of the NiFi logs).

I see that you are using the latest version of NiFi. We are currently on version 1.10.0 and PutEmail works fine. 

Kind regards,

Julius

View solution in original post

Explorer

There weren't any processor errors, but NiFi logs really helped figure out the problem with network permissions. Thanks, Julius!