Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP Private Cloud License

Contributor

If I have 3 environments eg :SIT,UAT,PROD each is having 5 nodes(total 15 nodes). I need 3 independent  CDP clusters  which will be having 5 nodes each. 
If I take a CDP license of 15 nodes can I create  3 independent clusters  using the same license  or I  need to take separate license for each. Please assist on this

Thanks & Regards
Rahul P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

1. With same license can I have different clusters with different cloudera manager. (eg: We are asking for 15 node license but 3 cluster of 5 nodes. There won't be any connectivity between these environments so we need separate cloudera manager for each environments with the same  license). Is it possible  ?

Yes - it is possible

2. In the production servers we are not having internet connectivity is it mandatory to have connectivity to cloudera servers for the license activation.?

Yes you can

3. If I use the license in our R&D environment to test above cases after testing  can I use same license for production clusters or it will say the license already used ?

- Yes it is possible but it should deployed under same account

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Collaborator

Hello @rahuledavalath 

You don't need to have the three different licenses but I would suggest you to go through the below link

https://www.cloudera.com/products/pricing.html

You can get the required info also you can contact our sales time the information present in the link itself

Thanks,

Contributor

Hi @shehbazk 

My team is almost at  the final stage of getting the license. I have some queries which I didn't found on the given link.

1. With same license can I have different clusters with different cloudera manager. (eg: We are asking for 15 node license but 3 cluster of 5 nodes. There won't be any connectivity between these environments so we need separate cloudera manager for each environments with the same  license). Is it possible  ?

2. In the production servers we are not having internet connectivity is it mandatory to have connectivity to cloudera servers for the license activation.?

3. If I use the license in  our R&D environment to test above cases after testing  can I use same license for production clusters or it will say the license already used ?

Please assist on this.

Thanks & Regards
Rahul

Master Collaborator

Yes - it is possible

Yes you can

3. If I use the license in our R&D environment to test above cases after testing  can I use same license for production clusters or it will say the license already used ?

- Yes it is possible but it should deployed under same account

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

Hi @shehbazk 

Thanks for your reply. I am not clear with below answer. 

Yes you can

Are you telling internet is not required to activate the license while uploading the license to cloudera-manager  ?