Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP Public Cloud Usage applying alerts on spend

New Contributor

Hi Team, I'm new to CDP and am currently looking at myaccount page "CDP Public Cloud Usage summary" staring to get a feel for the CDP product, but wanted to know if anyone has had experience in Billing and Metering of CDP subscriptions. 

I'd like to know if it is at all possible to create rules around subscription spend eg. If estimated cost went above $20, can an alert generated advising me of this.

Also is there any other info that might help with managing cost that this team might know about, that might be useful?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @someguy ,

Thank you for raising the question of how to set up a limit and configure alerts on CDP Public Cloud Usage spending.

Because of the nature of how billing and metering work, best of my knowledge it is not possible.

Please read the "Cloud Usage Pricing and Billing Terms" and the "Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) Public Cloud service rates", so you can calculate an estimate on the spending in advance.

Hope it helps!

Best regards:

Ferenc

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @someguy ,

Thank you for raising the question of how to set up a limit and configure alerts on CDP Public Cloud Usage spending.

Because of the nature of how billing and metering work, best of my knowledge it is not possible.

Please read the "Cloud Usage Pricing and Billing Terms" and the "Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) Public Cloud service rates", so you can calculate an estimate on the spending in advance.

Hope it helps!

Best regards:

Ferenc

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

New Contributor

Thanks @Bender for the feedback.  Still learning, so good to get a view on this.

Cheers

Joe

New Contributor

CDP does provide cost management tools and features that can help you track and manage your usage and expenses. In terms of creating rules around subscription spend, you can use the "Budgets" feature in CDP to set up cost limits and receive alerts when those limits are exceeded. This can be helpful in ensuring that your costs don't exceed a certain threshold.

To create a budget in CDP, you can follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the "Budgets" page in the CDP console
  2. Click "Create budget"
  3. Choose the subscription(s) that you want the budget to apply to
  4. Set the budget amount and timeframe (e.g. monthly, quarterly, or annually)
  5. Choose the email address(es) that should receive alerts when the budget is exceeded

Once you've set up a budget, you'll receive an email alert if your estimated spend for the selected subscription(s) exceeds the budget amount that you set.