Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDSW Jobs are shown as "Success" when python code throws an Exception

We have several CDSW jobs set up where we call a python script with a main() function which is called via

if __name__ ==  "__main__":

main()

Our problem is that these jobs are erronously shown as "Success" even if the python code throws an Exception.

How can we set up our CDSW such that these jobs are correctly shown as "Failure"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply, which made me take a closer look at which exceptions were handled unexpectedly and I found that the use of rich.traceback.install() in one of the scripts messed up the return status of the CDSW Job.

The issue was solved by removing rich.traceback.install() from the code, which is only cosmetic anyhow

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Community Manager

@cdsw_user_23432 Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our CDSW experts @Gopinath and @Mike  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Hi @DianaTorres , any updates on this?

Thank you @DianaTorres .

I'm looking forward to hearing back from your team

Rising Star

seems to be a gap in the exception handling.  Could you please share the actual script snippet for analysis.

Thank you for your reply, which made me take a closer look at which exceptions were handled unexpectedly and I found that the use of rich.traceback.install() in one of the scripts messed up the return status of the CDSW Job.

The issue was solved by removing rich.traceback.install() from the code, which is only cosmetic anyhow

Community Manager

Congratulations on resolving the issue @cdsw_user_23432. Please use the "Accept as Solution" button to mark the reply that resolved the issue for you. It helps others in a similar situation find assistance in the future. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.