Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can I connect NiFi to a remote HBase service?

I am running HDF 2.0 on a sandbox and HDP 2.5 (including HBase) on another (different) sandbox. How would I configure the PutHBaseJSON processor to write data to HBase?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

In general you tell NiFi about HBase by copying /etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml and /etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml from the server where NiFi is running, and pointing to these files in the HBaseClientService in NiFi (Configuration Resources Property).

In your case you will also have to ensure all of the ports and hostnames that are referenced are accessible from your HDF sandbox to your HDP sandbox. It would probably be a lot easier to just run HDF on your HDP sandbox to not deal with networking related issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

In general you tell NiFi about HBase by copying /etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml and /etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml from the server where NiFi is running, and pointing to these files in the HBaseClientService in NiFi (Configuration Resources Property).

In your case you will also have to ensure all of the ports and hostnames that are referenced are accessible from your HDF sandbox to your HDP sandbox. It would probably be a lot easier to just run HDF on your HDP sandbox to not deal with networking related issues.

Ah. Now I get it. If you click on the empty value field for the Client Service property, you get the option to create a new service instance, and that is where you specify the configuration properties.

Explorer

Hello, Can I connect the local Nifi also ( not on HDF ) to a remote Hbase which is on HDP ?

1-If yes, then there is no need of changing hbase.regionserver.info.bindAddress from 0.0.0.0 to ip of my HDP in hbase-site.xml and core-site.xml ?

2- I should give both core-site.xml and hbase-site.xml to the controller ?

3- I just gave hbase-site.xml and I changed the ips from 0.0.0.0 as I said to my ip in this file. I have an error with Zookeeper as bellow

107560-1554396878484.png

I should set it as well. yes?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Shohreh

Explorer

Hello, Can I connect the local Nifi also ( not on HDF ) to a remote Hbase which is on HDP ?

1-If yes, then there is no need of changing hbase.regionserver.info.bindAddress from 0.0.0.0 to ip of my HDP in hbase-site.xml and core-site.xml ?

2- I should give both core-site.xml and hbase-site.xml to the controller ?

3- I just used hbase-site.xml and as I said I changed the ip from 0.0.0.0 in this file to my HDP ip and I get an error for my Zookeeper as below. I should set that also ?

107631-1554397074910.png

Thanks,

Best regards,

Shohreh