Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can I run an Ambari Views only server with Ambari 2.0.1? View only serves are not mentioned until Ambari 2.1 in the docs.

Solved Go to solution

Can I run an Ambari Views only server with Ambari 2.0.1? View only serves are not mentioned until Ambari 2.1 in the docs.

Cloudera Employee

I need to run a Views only server in Ambari 2.0.1. Does this work? It is not mentioned in the docs but I would expect it to work. Can someone confirm this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can I run an Ambari Views only server with Ambari 2.0.1? View only serves are not mentioned until Ambari 2.1 in the docs.

Mentor

We strongly advise to upgrade your Ambari at least to 2.2 as long as your current HDP allows in place upgrade. I can't confirm whether standaloe mode is supported in such an old release but I did try using standalone Ambari 2.4 connect to cluster with Ambari 2.2 and deploy views, worked well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Can I run an Ambari Views only server with Ambari 2.0.1? View only serves are not mentioned until Ambari 2.1 in the docs.

Mentor

We strongly advise to upgrade your Ambari at least to 2.2 as long as your current HDP allows in place upgrade. I can't confirm whether standaloe mode is supported in such an old release but I did try using standalone Ambari 2.4 connect to cluster with Ambari 2.2 and deploy views, worked well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

Thank you. Yes it is ancient. I am looking at justifying an upgrade.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here