Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can anyone guide me from where I can learn hive on hortonworks step by step?

Can anyone guide me from where I can learn hive on hortonworks step by step?

New Contributor

I am new to this field and want to learn hive on hortonworks.I am not getting any good tutorials.please post some good link which is easy to understand.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Can anyone guide me from where I can learn hive on hortonworks step by step?

Super Mentor

Re: Can anyone guide me from where I can learn hive on hortonworks step by step?

New Contributor

@Jay SenSharma Above mentioned links I have gone through.Apart from these links any other materials or links do u have?

Super Mentor

New Contributor

@Jay SenSharma thanks!

How to kill any job which is running in hive.?I am unable to do so .one query is running from last 2 hours and m not able to kill it.

I tried many shell scripts like mpred job -kill<jobid>..like this many commands but its not working.

Contributor

@pooja shrivastava

Did you try ?

yarn application -list

yarn application -kill <Application_ID>

New Contributor

@nshetty ..Yes I tried but it didnt work.

@pooja shrivastava

You have to try Hive programming from Oreilly. Its really good and will provide you in sights about hive. Hope it helps!

New Contributor

Hello pooja shrivastava.

I recomend you the exam-objetives for HDPCA CERTIFICATION. You will find in the Data Transformation section, all related to hive. Next of that you have in aws the practice lab apply this practice.

https://es.hortonworks.com/services/training/certification/exam-objectives/#hdpcd

Best regards,

Martin Gatto

http://martin-gatto.com