Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can apache minifi dynamically transmit to different nifi urls?

Expert Contributor

Hi, i am working on a project and i am wondering if minifi can dynamically transmit data to a different url without restarting? Currently i am using a remote process group for bidirectional communication between the minifi device and nifi server. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
@Roger Young

The Remote Process Group (RPG) is not designed for dynamic target URL assignment. It is designed to communicate with a target standalone of NiFi cluster. During that communication it learns about all currently connected nodes in a target Nifi cluster and retains the URLS for all those nodes so it can perform a load-balanced delivery of data. It the event RPG cannot get an updated listing form the target it will continue to try to delivery to the last known set of target nodes. Since the RPG was never intended to be used to delivery data to multiple independent target NiFi instances, the ideal of dynamic URL was never considered.

There are other NifI processors such as putHTTP and InvokeHTTP that can take NiFi Expression Language (EL) as input for the target URL.

Thank you,
Matt

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Mentor
@Roger Young

The Remote Process Group (RPG) is not designed for dynamic target URL assignment. It is designed to communicate with a target standalone of NiFi cluster. During that communication it learns about all currently connected nodes in a target Nifi cluster and retains the URLS for all those nodes so it can perform a load-balanced delivery of data. It the event RPG cannot get an updated listing form the target it will continue to try to delivery to the last known set of target nodes. Since the RPG was never intended to be used to delivery data to multiple independent target NiFi instances, the ideal of dynamic URL was never considered.

There are other NifI processors such as putHTTP and InvokeHTTP that can take NiFi Expression Language (EL) as input for the target URL.

Thank you,
Matt