Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can global variable be set dynamically in NIFI processorGroup

Explorer

I am new to Nifi, I am trying to create a process group which takes an authentication token using get port and makes call to Api. I have used Httpprocessor to fetch the data, after fetching the data I am taking some data, let's say an I'd using EvaluateJSONPath and passing it to a new hero processor to fetch some other data. But I am not able to pass the token that I received at the very start of the process group. Is there any way I can set the token received global for all process in processorgroup ?? We can set a global variable for processorGroup but can it's value be made dynamic instead of static ??

1 REPLY 1

Super Mentor

@Raj Negi
The Process Group variables are not dynamic. Anytime the variable is changed it requires a restart of any component that references it. That is because those components read in that variable value when they are started in a lot of cases.

-

Your first dataflow is responsible executing an InvokeHTTP processor to retrieve the token needed for all the different dataflows within the same Process Group. You may consider adding a PutDistributedMapCache processor in that flow to write that retrieved token out to a cache server. In each of your other dataflows you could have a FetchDistributedMapCache processor that pulls that token from the cache server so it is is added to every FlowFile.

-

Thank you,

Matt

-

If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login in and click the "ACCEPT" link.