Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can't Connect to Ambari Server Web UI After the Setup: "... refused to connect." Error.

Can't Connect to Ambari Server Web UI After the Setup: "... refused to connect." Error.

Explorer

Background:

AWS EC2 instance. OS: CentOS Linux 7 x86_64 HVM EBS 1704_01 (ami-0cfcdb69)

Successfully installed and setup Ambari server. Followed all the steps in the guide.

Ambari server is up and running:

[centos@ec2-xx-xxx-xxx-xxx ~]$ sudo ambari-server status

Using python/usr/bin/python

Ambari-server status

Ambari Server running

Found Ambari Server PID: 2179 at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid

Problem:

Can't connect to Ambari Web UI to continue the configuration. Here is the error in Chrome browser:

This site can’t be reached

ec2-xx-xxx-xxx-xxx.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Did not have this problem with Ubuntu ...

I can ping the server successfully

What could be wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Can't Connect to Ambari Server Web UI After the Setup: "... refused to connect." Error.

Super Mentor

@Michael O

Can you please double check if you are using the Private IP address for mapping the ec2 host or not?

Also please make sure that the the security group(s) associated with the instance allow connections for the required port(s) like 8080

Also please check if the firewall is disabled. And your machine which is trying to open the URL in the browser has correct Hostname mapping to resolve the ambari server host? If not then try to access ambari URL using the IP Address instead to verify address resolution issue.

Highlighted

Re: Can't Connect to Ambari Server Web UI After the Setup: "... refused to connect." Error.

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

I am using elastic IP, accessible from the Internet.

Security group assigned to instance currently allows all traffic on all ports, 0.0.0.0/0 ::/0 in and out

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Michael O

please check if the firewall is disabled. And your machine which is trying to open the URL in the browser has correct Hostname mapping to resolve the ambari server host? If not then try to access ambari URL using the IP Address instead to verify address resolution issue.

Highlighted

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

I've already done this:

sudo systemctl disable firewalld

sudo service firewalld stop

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stopfirewalld.service

Using xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 comes back with the same error.

I can ping xx.xxx.xxx.xxx or FQDN with no problems.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here