Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't edit queues in Yarn Queue Manager / CM7.3.1-CDP7.1.6

Rising Star

Hello,

I'm trying to edit Yarn Queue Manager queues and it seems i'm not able to edit them, there is not the option to edit them and there are no information in the doc about it...

Juanes_0-1661327091268.png

it's supposed to have this options panel

Juanes_1-1661327181579.png

But this is not my case.

the only information found it is to set the queue manager service in yarn, that's all...

Juanes_2-1661327227794.png

Any other ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hi all,

The issue is not related to browsers, simply it has not the option to modify the queues...

After many tests I managed to add the queues and resources to the ResourceManager Advanced config:
[CM] > Yarn -> Configuration -> ResourceManager -> Fair Scheduler XML Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve)
[CM] > Yarn -> Configuration -> ResourceManager -> yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.class: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FairScheduler
by this way the queues are defined. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Collaborator

Hello @Juanes From  description I understand that your looking for  an option to edit the Yarn queue, Can you refer to the following doc  

https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.3/yarn-allocate-resources/topics/yarn-configure...

Rising Star

Hello Scharan, tahnk you for your reply,

Yes, I have read it thousand times but the problem is that the options (marked in RED) doen't exists in my Yarn Queue Manager...

Juanes_0-1661350164495.png

you can see it in the first image shown 😞 

Master Collaborator

User with Admin privileges should be able to edit, Can you try with admin user

Rising Star

Yes, it should but not, i'm already using admin user from cloudera manager.

So weird this all...

Cloudera Employee

In case anyone else bumps into this, try a different browser.

Rising Star

Hi all,

The issue is not related to browsers, simply it has not the option to modify the queues...

After many tests I managed to add the queues and resources to the ResourceManager Advanced config:
[CM] > Yarn -> Configuration -> ResourceManager -> Fair Scheduler XML Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve)
[CM] > Yarn -> Configuration -> ResourceManager -> yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.class: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FairScheduler
by this way the queues are defined.