Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Check out our newest addition to the community, the Cloudera Innovation Accelerator group hub.

Can't install HDF3

Hey,

I'm trying to install HDF3 on a newly installed CentOS machine. After following the documentation and installing Ambari server it fails with the following error instantly during the service installation:

stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-25.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 35, in <module>
    BeforeAnyHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 367, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 26, in hook
    import params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/params.py", line 101, in <module>
    hadoop_home = stack_select.get_hadoop_dir("home", force_latest_on_upgrade=True)
TypeError: get_hadoop_dir() got an unexpected keyword argument 'force_latest_on_upgrade'
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-25.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-25.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']

stdout: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/output-25.txt

2017-12-08 15:01:42,833 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-25.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-25.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
2017-12-08 15:01:42,842 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF

Command failed after 1 tries

I have installed the newest stable version of Ambari and HDF. The repositories are local ones, which are functioning. I already have an HDP Cluster which worked without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Explorer

have you NIFI only installed on this cluster before ?

No it is a fresh cluster. I tried installing all of HDF3 and NiFi only, the same problem for both of them.

Explorer
@Markus Wilhelm

Can you please share the exact version numbers (HDF, Ambari)?

HDF 3.0.2.0-76

Ambari 2.6.0.0-267

Explorer

The file in Ambari Agent's cache seems to be leftover from HDF 3.0.1 or earlier. Any idea how it could get there if it's a clean install on a newly installed machine?

Really can't say. It was a new installation which used the local repositories with the version specified above. I double checked again to make sure.

Expert Contributor

Can you outline the steps you have taken? Can you also link the documentation you are using and let me/us know which step you're having trouble with?

New Contributor

Any resolution?

New Contributor

Any resolution?

Explorer