Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can we use maven version greater than 3.1 to compile ambari source code. Documents suggest 3.1 had some issues?.

Rising Star

While going through the ambari dev docs at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Development

It says that maven version should be less than 3.1. Is it still valid because current stable version is 3.3.9. Is documentation outdated??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

The document is not outdated; there are issues with certain parts of the project on newer versions of Maven. I believe specifically it's the contrib/views and possibly ambari-web which don't compile.

I use new versions of Maven with ambari-server, ambari-views, etc ... but if I need to do a full build of the project (which is rare), then I use Maven 3.0.4.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm (install node and npm) on project capacity-scheduler: Execution install node and npm of goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm failed: A required class was missing while executing com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm: org/slf4j/helpers/MarkerIgnoringBase

I thought there was a Jira tracking this, but I can't find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

The document is not outdated; there are issues with certain parts of the project on newer versions of Maven. I believe specifically it's the contrib/views and possibly ambari-web which don't compile.

I use new versions of Maven with ambari-server, ambari-views, etc ... but if I need to do a full build of the project (which is rare), then I use Maven 3.0.4.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm (install node and npm) on project capacity-scheduler: Execution install node and npm of goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm failed: A required class was missing while executing com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm: org/slf4j/helpers/MarkerIgnoringBase

I thought there was a Jira tracking this, but I can't find it.