Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot delete an entity in Falcon

Rising Star

I am getting following error on trying to delete the last entity in Falcon data pipeline

"Failed to cleanup entity path for (process) cleanseEmailProcess on cluster primaryCluster"

PS- Followed instructions verbatim on: http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/defining-processing-data-end-end-data-pipeline-apache-falcon

Understand cannot edit an entity either? https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/14631/how-to-update-falcon-cluster-entities-that-have-fe...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Problem resolved.

The problem was that when I started the HDP sandbox today, somehow the namenode started in safemode (I really cant imagine why specially on a sandbox, but anyways...)

After removing the namenode from safemode, was able to remove the successfully entities.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Amit Tewari,

Did you bounce the falcon and su - falcon and tried the delete from the command line

falcon entity -type cluster -name <<name>> -delete

Rising Star

@jramakrishnan

Yes I did do su - falcon

[falcon@sandbox bin]$ ./falcon entity -type process -name rawEmailIngestProcess -delete ERROR: Bad Request;default/org.apache.falcon.FalconWebException::org.apache.falcon.FalconException: Failed to cleanup entity path for (process) rawEmailIngestProcess on cluster primaryCluster

@Amit Tewari

What is the output of falcon entity -type process -list

Rising Star

@jramakrishnan

./falcon entity -type process -list

(PROCESS) cleanseEmailProcess

(PROCESS) rawEmailIngestProcess

./falcon entity -type process -name rawEmailIngestProcess -list

(PROCESS) cleanseEmailProcess

(PROCESS) rawEmailIngestProcess

Rising Star

Problem resolved.

The problem was that when I started the HDP sandbox today, somehow the namenode started in safemode (I really cant imagine why specially on a sandbox, but anyways...)

After removing the namenode from safemode, was able to remove the successfully entities.