Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot docker load < HDP_2.5_docker.tar on Centos7 virtual machine

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I have looked all over the place and have tried everything I have found.

I cannot get the load to work.

I get the following message:

[user01@docker01 hortonworks_hadoop]$ sudo docker load < HDP_2.5_docker.tar b1b065555b8a: Loading layer 202.2 MB/202.2 MB 3901568415a3: Loading layer 10.37 GB/13.85 GB ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: write /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.111.x86_64/jre/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so: no space left on device

I tried:

a. @ /etc/sysconfig/docker add : other_args="-g /var/lib/docker"

b. @ /etc/sysconfig/docker-storage add : DOCKER_STORAGE_OPTIONS="--storage-opt dm.basesize=30G"

c. restart the daemons

Nothing works.

Please let me know if there are other solutions that would solve this.

Thanks,

Marcia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Thank you Michael and Glupu!!!

It now is working!!!

I did changes a and b. Plus the overlay changes. And also deleted /var/lib/docker .

Thanks so much!

I have another issue which is with the start_sandbox.sh file. I will create another thread.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Expert Contributor

Also, I'm using Centos 7 and docker v1.12.3 ...

New Contributor

I encountered the same problem on Debian Jessie (Stable), Docker version 1.12.3, build 6b644ec. There is no file called "docker-storage" to be found on my system. Obviously, there is no "/etc/sysconfig/docker" either. Any help is appreciated.

New Contributor

Things worked after I did "systemctl stop docker; dockerd --storage-opt dm.basesize=50G; docker load < /path/to/HDP_2.5_docker.tar.gz".

Super Guru

@Marcia Hon

For both options a and b, did you remove the /var/lib/docker/* directory where the image file is created? You have to remove that file and then restart the daemons. If you don't remove the file, Docker will not increase the size automatically.

You can run docker info before and after this process to see how much space is available for Docker.

NOTE: You will lose your images and containers when you delete the contents of that directory. So backup any containers or images you want to keep.

Expert Contributor
@Marcia Hon

Hello, what storage driver are you using? You can run "sudo docker info" to get that, for example in my case it's : "Storage Driver: aufs"; In case yours says devicemapper you need to change it to overlayfs on centos7 since the image is bigger than 10GB which is the hard limit for the devicemapper.

Expert Contributor

I'm not certain how to do this change. Is it at : /etc/sysconfig/docker or /etc/sysconfig/docker-storage or /etc/default/docker ... etc... I understand that the command is supposed to be : DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=overlayfs"

Expert Contributor

@Marcia Hon

What I did was change it in the systemd file:

[root@sandbox multi-user.target.wants]# pwd

/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants

[root@sandbox multi-user.target.wants]# vi docker.service

and changed this line like so:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd --storage-driver=overlay

Expert Contributor

I have changed accordingly.

I restarted the daemon, however, devicemapper is still being used...

Expert Contributor

It has changed to overlay by doing the following:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/docker daemon -H fd:// --storage-driver=overlay

sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl restart docker
sudo docker info