Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Cannot open a hive connection with connect string jdbc:hive2://hdp.hct.edu.om:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2;hive.server2.proxy.user=admin

hi,

i have installed the latest hdp 2.6 with ambari Version 2.6.0.0.

i have installed hive but when i start the services, it first starts but immediately the hiveserver2 stops and i receive the following error.

Cannot open a hive connection with connect string jdbc:hive2://hdp.hct.edu.om:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2;hive.server2.proxy.user=admin

i searched the hortownworks community and found a lot of such issues, butt cannot fix because i am a bit new.

can somebody please guide me how to fix it? i have installed everything in one node for development purpose.

thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

It sounds like you don't have enough memory allocated to your one node cluster. If you are using the sandbox VM, around 12GB of RAM is recommended so you will need somewhere in that ballpark whether or not you are using the sandbox or you have set up your own cluster.

You can use a different machine or try deploying in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) on a machine with more RAM.