Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.()V from class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator

Explorer

Hi, I am getting above error even after adding shaded hbase-client dependency

<dependency>  <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>  <artifactId>hbase-shaded-client</artifactId>  <version>1.1.1.2.3.2.0-2650</version></dependency>

I also tried adding Guava dependency manually version 12.0.1

<dependency>  <groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>  <artifactId>guava</artifactId>  <version>12.0.1</version></dependency>

I am using HDP 2.3

6 REPLIES 6

can you please check if it is caused due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-14963

Explorer

Yes , but i need to use hbase - 1.1.1 client it states that it is resolved in 1.3,1.4 or 2.0

Expert Contributor

Could you share the pom.xml?

We have to look at the dependency tree of application if it's using the different version of Guava.

Master Collaborator

Looks like HBASE-14963 was integrated into HDP 2.3 on Fri Jan 22

Can you post the commit hash of the HDP you use ?

Please post the complete stack trace.

Thanks

Contributor

I have exactly the same problem currently when trying to run the most basic example of the shc hbase connector. I use HDP 2.5.

See the issue I opened:

https://github.com/hortonworks-spark/shc/issues/46

And here is the stack:

16/10/05 07:21:42 INFO ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to server sandbox.hortonworks.com/10.0.2.15:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
16/10/05 07:21:42 INFO ClientCnxn: Socket connection established to sandbox.hortonworks.com/10.0.2.15:2181, initiating session
16/10/05 07:21:42 INFO ClientCnxn: Session establishment complete on server sandbox.hortonworks.com/10.0.2.15:2181, sessionid = 0x157937befc00005, negotiated timeout = 40000
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.<init>()V from class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.translateException(RpcRetryingCaller.java:229)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:202)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.call(ClientScanner.java:320)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.nextScanner(ClientScanner.java:295)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.initializeScannerInConstruction(ClientScanner.java:160)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.<init>(ClientScanner.java:155)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.getScanner(HTable.java:821)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:193)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:89)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.isTableAvailable(ConnectionManager.java:985)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.isTableAvailable(HBaseAdmin.java:1399)
    at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.hbase.HBaseRelation.createTable(HBaseRelation.scala:87)
    at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.hbase.DefaultSource.createRelation(HBaseRelation.scala:58)
    at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.ResolvedDataSource$.apply(ResolvedDataSource.scala:222)
    at org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameWriter.save(DataFrameWriter.scala:148)
    at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.hbase.examples.HBaseSource$.main(HBaseSource.scala:90)
    at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.hbase.examples.HBaseSource.main(HBaseSource.scala)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.org$apache$spark$deploy$SparkSubmit$$runMain(SparkSubmit.scala:731)
    at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.doRunMain$1(SparkSubmit.scala:181)
    at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.submit(SparkSubmit.scala:206)
    at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:121)
    at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.<init>()V from class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator.blockUntilAvailable(MetaTableLocator.java:596)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator.blockUntilAvailable(MetaTableLocator.java:580)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator.blockUntilAvailable(MetaTableLocator.java:559)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ZooKeeperRegistry.getMetaRegionLocation(ZooKeeperRegistry.java:61)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateMeta(ConnectionManager.java:1185)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(ConnectionManager.java:1152)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.getRegionLocations(RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.java:300)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:151)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:59)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:200)
    ... 24 more

New Contributor

Hi ,

It seems, problem comes from dependent libraries,

basically you will get the problem when your trying to put the data into hbase table.

initially I had used <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId> <artifactId>hbase-client</artifactId> <version>1.1.2</version> </dependency>

i got the similar problem and later I changed to

<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId> <artifactId>hbase-shaded-client</artifactId> <version>1.1.2</version> </dependency>

now the problem has been resolved.

Regards,

Ram.