Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RemoteWithExtrasException$ClassLoaderHolder

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am using kerberos authentication,Hbase-site xml to connect to Hbase. My java native API is deployed in cloud. API is able to fetch the data some time for all the row keys using hbase scan. After few hours API is throwing the below error only for few rowkeys, able to get the data other row keys . Could you please advise me what is the cause of this error.

Error logs:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RemoteWithExtrasException$ClassLoaderHolder

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerImpl.translateException(RpcRetryingCallerImpl.java:220)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerImpl.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCallerImpl.java:193)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas$RetryingRPC.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:387)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas$RetryingRPC.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:361)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerImpl.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCallerImpl.java:107)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ResultBoundedCompletionService$QueueingFuture.run(ResultBoundedCompletionService.java:80)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RemoteWithExtrasException$ClassLoaderHolder
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RemoteWithExtrasException.unwrapRemoteException(RemoteWithExtrasException.java:79)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.shaded.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.makeIOExceptionOfException(ProtobufUtil.java:362)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.shaded.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.handleRemoteException(ProtobufUtil.java:350)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.openScanner(ScannerCallable.java:344)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.rpcCall(ScannerCallable.java:242)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.rpcCall(ScannerCallable.java:58)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionServerCallable.call(RegionServerCallable.java:127)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerImpl.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCallerImpl.java:191)
2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

can anyone help me out to identify the issue !!

New Contributor

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? Currently facing the same issue.