Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Centos8

New Contributor

I am getting an error installing ambari-server-2.7.4.0 on Centos8.   It seems as though it can't resolve conflict with python.  Although I have Python36 installed, it is still asking for python2.6 or greater.   I read your many responses but they did not help with my situation.  Any support on this matter will be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@MIkeL 

The best technical reference before you embark on deploying your cluster is to check the compatibility of the different moving parts of HDP/Cloudera binaries against an operating system of your choice, the first source of truth is please filter all the possible valid options using   supportmatrix cloudera/hortonworks tool
support Matrix.PNG

Hortonworks and Cloudera do run exhaustive tests on a particular Operating system before certifying it as production-ready and from the about  RHEL/Centos 7.7 are not yet certified so I highly doubt whether  RHEL/Centos 8  is certified that explains the Python errors you are encountering.
HTH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

This is the exact error message after I execute yum install ambari-server

Problem: conflicting requests

- nothing provides python >= 2.6 needed by ambari-server-2.7.0.0-897.x86_64

Master Mentor

@MIkeL 

The best technical reference before you embark on deploying your cluster is to check the compatibility of the different moving parts of HDP/Cloudera binaries against an operating system of your choice, the first source of truth is please filter all the possible valid options using   supportmatrix cloudera/hortonworks tool
support Matrix.PNG

Hortonworks and Cloudera do run exhaustive tests on a particular Operating system before certifying it as production-ready and from the about  RHEL/Centos 7.7 are not yet certified so I highly doubt whether  RHEL/Centos 8  is certified that explains the Python errors you are encountering.
HTH