Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Change Sensitive Parameter Context property value

Contributor

Hello All,

Here is my use case 

I am using Nifi 2.0.0.M1 . I developed one flow where i am connecting to a database and converting result to Json format and store these file on to a folder. 

This flow (flow.json.raw) is then deployed on a VM that contains Minifi. This flow works fine.

Note : In Nifi , all the connection string - with user id and password ( Sensitive = True) is stored in Parameter context.  Where as after generating the Flow.json.raw , this information (all the properties in Parameter Context - Nifi)  is present inside file ( flow.json.raw) under Parameter Context Object.

mohdriyaz_0-1715347491712.png

Issue  :   

Problem here i am facing is , when i deploy this flow on another VM where user provide its own userId and Password ,  i can edit Flow.json.raw  file  and update ParameterContext -   UserId . But since password is stored in encrypt format. i can't change the ParameterContext - password value.

I need to store the Password in the encrypt format so that flow running under minifi should understand it and perform the operations. 

What i Tried

I tried Encrypt-Config under Nifi Toolkit

mohdriyaz_1-1715346138374.png

i tried to perform encryption using the algorithm mention in nifi.properties 

mohdriyaz_0-1715346072335.png

I am still searching for a method through which i can encrypt the password in the same way Nifi is doing with its ParameterContext properties where sensitivity flag is TRUE

Thanks,

Riyaz

0 REPLIES 0