Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Change log4j format for the ambari-worker

New Contributor

Dear all,

I would like to change the output format for the log4j Ambari Agent Service. In the server I just changed the pattern in a properties file, but I can see the agent does not have that (or I cannot find it). What would be the way to change it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Chris L The Ambari Agent is a python process so uses Python's logging facility. To change the pattern, go to /etc/ambari-agent/conf and copy logging.conf.sample to logging.conf, then edit it and look for the lines

[formatter_logfileformatter]
format=%(levelname)s %(asctime)s %(filename)s:%(lineno)d - %(message)s

Change the 'format' line to suit your needs. There is information on the format for this here. The available attributes that can be written to the file from each log record are given here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

@Chris L The Ambari Agent is a python process so uses Python's logging facility. To change the pattern, go to /etc/ambari-agent/conf and copy logging.conf.sample to logging.conf, then edit it and look for the lines

[formatter_logfileformatter]
format=%(levelname)s %(asctime)s %(filename)s:%(lineno)d - %(message)s

Change the 'format' line to suit your needs. There is information on the format for this here. The available attributes that can be written to the file from each log record are given here.