Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Changes in yarn.application.path is not reflecting

Changes in yarn.application.path is not reflecting

Explorer

i have added /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.13.0-1.cdh5.13.0.p0.29/lib/hive/lib/* in yarn.application.path in CDH.

After that i have restarted the yarn cluster.
And when is run yarn classpath command, i don't seen the new path added here.

What i am doing wrong. how to add it to yarn classpath?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changes in yarn.application.path is not reflecting

Community Manager

Hi @hitesh,

What configuration you changed? Do you use Cloudera Manger? If so, you could look into yarn-site.xml from /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/xxx-yarn-xxxx to check if the new classpath was added correctly.

Usually you access and modify from Cloudera Manager like this:

CM -> YARN service -> Configuration -> Search -> "YARN Application Classpath"

Thanks and hope this helps,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Resolution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Explorer

Hi @lwang,

Yes i am using clouder mangager  i modifyied the yarn.applicaton.classpath from clouder manger as you have suggested.

CM -> YARN service -> Configuration -> Search -> "YARN Application Classpath"

here i have added /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.13.0-1.cdh5.13.0.p0.29/lib/hive/lib/* and yes i looked into 

/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/xxx-yarn-xxxx  here i can see the new path has been added here.

But when i run yarn classpath command, this new path is not present.

Thanks,

Hitesh

New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem on my cluster Cloudera Enterprise Trial 5.16.1.

I update Yarn configuration like : CM -> Yarn -> Configuration -> Search for classpath -> add my path [/etc/hbase/conf/*] to yarn.application.classpath with "+" button, Save Changes then restart stale services.

When I look to /etc/hadoop/conf/yarn-site.xml or /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/XXX-yarn-RESSOURCEMANAGER/yarn-site.xml, my configuration is present: 

<property>
<name>yarn.application.classpath</name>
 <value>$HADOOP_CLIENT_CONF_DIR,$HADOOP_CONF_DIR,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/*,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/lib/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/lib/*,$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/*,$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/lib/*</value>
</property>

When I test "yarn classpath" command, I can't see my path to the class path:

"/etc/hadoop/conf:/etc/hadoop/conf:/etc/hadoop/conf:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop/lib/*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop/.//*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop-hdfs/./:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop-hdfs/lib/*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop-hdfs/.//*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop-yarn/lib/*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop-yarn/.//*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/.//*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop-yarn/.//*:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.1-1.cdh5.16.1.p0.3/lib/hadoop/libexec/../../hadoop-yarn/lib/*"

Thanks for help.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here