Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Changing IP address of hosts managed by ambari

Super Collaborator

I have requirement to change the ip address of all hosts managed by ambari as we are moving server to other datacenter.

Will the ip addresses be automatically updated in ambari?

Has it worked for anyone?

Note : Hosts have been added to ambari using hostname(fqdn).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@Rahul Pathak

That's why we recommend to use FQDN. If you used hostnames then you don't have to do anything.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Mentor
@Rahul Pathak

That's why we recommend to use FQDN. If you used hostnames then you don't have to do anything.

Master Mentor

@Rahul Pathak Worse case : If cluster was deployed using IP address "I have not seen any prod deployments" then you have to pay attention to things like link

Super Collaborator

thanks, I want to make sure it is safe to do.

Master Mentor

@Rahul Pathak Please do post the outcome. Thanks for using HCC !!

Super Collaborator

Thanks. We have successfully completed the migration.

Master Mentor

Thanks @Rahul Pathak for following up.

Explorer

I have just done this myself with out UAT environment which we have brought in house. I have changed the IP on all the boxes and made the changes on the DNS (both forward and reverse) to reflect their new IPs.

On starting Ambari all the data nodes resolved fine but the name node is still showing the old IP in the ambari hosts data. If I ping the FQDN of the name node from the ambari box it resolves the correct IP though. Has anyone got any ideas what I need to do?

Explorer

Not to worry, I just turned the whole envionment off and on again and it looks to have resolved my issue. I'm guessing it was a cached value in NSCD that took longer to clear than the others.