Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

*Closed*: Cloudbreak on Azure: Support for "bring your own DNS server"

Contributor

A customer of mine would like to use their own DNS server with Cloudbreak on Azure. Can you please share how this can be configured if supported? If not supported, please share if it is a roadmap item. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@Anagha Khanolkar

1. You can create your custom virtual network on the Azure Portal, where you can define your custom dns server.
  2. After this you can create a new network resource, where you can setup your exisiting virtual network and subnet settings. (http://hortonworks.github.io/cloudbreak-docs/latest/azure/#infrastructure-templates "Custom AZURE Network" paragraph)
  3. During Azure cluster creation you have to use this network with the custom DNS server

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

@Anagha Khanolkar

1. You can create your custom virtual network on the Azure Portal, where you can define your custom dns server.
  2. After this you can create a new network resource, where you can setup your exisiting virtual network and subnet settings. (http://hortonworks.github.io/cloudbreak-docs/latest/azure/#infrastructure-templates "Custom AZURE Network" paragraph)
  3. During Azure cluster creation you have to use this network with the custom DNS server

Contributor

Thanks so much, @fschneider

Contributor

@fschneider @pdarvasi

In the latest Azure release of cloudbreak - Jan 2018 (sorry don't have version handy), I noticed that my custom DNS server was not being used. Ran into this when I was attempting to enable dynamic DNS updates, domain join and AD authentication via sssd.

I had to do the following to get it to work...
sed -i s/127.0.0.1/<my DNS server IP>/g /etc/dhcp/dhclient-enter-hooks
sed -i s/"search ${search}"/"search ${search} <my domain> "/g /etc/dhcp/dhclient-enter-hook

Super Collaborator

Hi @Airawat,

Could you please file a Github issue at Cloudbreak project. The most important part is the steps how to reproduce the issue, what did you do, how was the custom network looks like.

Thanks.