Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudbreak 2.7 and Atlas error

Contributor

Hi,
I'm using Cloudbreak Deployer: 2.7.0

Whenever I include ATLAS_SERVER in my blueprint, I get the following error on deployment / or when I click "show generated blueprint":

Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('}' (code 125)): was expecting double-quote to start field name
cloudbreak_1   |  at [Source: {
cloudbreak_1   |   "application-properties": {
cloudbreak_1   |     "properties": {
cloudbreak_1   |
cloudbreak_1   |       "atlas.authorizer.impl": "ranger",
cloudbreak_1   |
cloudbreak_1   |
cloudbreak_1   |     }
cloudbreak_1   |   }
cloudbreak_1   | ,
cloudbreak_1   |   "ranger-atlas-plugin-properties": {
cloudbreak_1   |     "properties": {
cloudbreak_1   |       "ranger-atlas-plugin-enabled": "Yes"
cloudbreak_1   |     }
cloudbreak_1   |   }
cloudbreak_1   |
cloudbreak_1   | }; line: 8, column: 6]

obviously I tried to explicitly disable ranger plugin for atlas or add atlas.authorizer.impl to my blueprint, but nothing helps.

I think it's general bug how some properties are being added with extra comma.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jakub Igla,

we are aware of this issue and have the fix for it, but we don't have the release date for 2.7.1

Until we release 2.7.1, if this issue is blocking, you can switch to cloudbreak rc version which has the fix. To use the it add the following line to your Profile under deployment directory and use 'cbd restart' to activate the changes (this will restart Cloudbreak):

export DOCKER_TAG_CLOUDBREAK=2.7.1-rc.13

Please be aware that's not a released version, and use at your own risk.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jakub Igla,

we are aware of this issue and have the fix for it, but we don't have the release date for 2.7.1

Until we release 2.7.1, if this issue is blocking, you can switch to cloudbreak rc version which has the fix. To use the it add the following line to your Profile under deployment directory and use 'cbd restart' to activate the changes (this will restart Cloudbreak):

export DOCKER_TAG_CLOUDBREAK=2.7.1-rc.13

Please be aware that's not a released version, and use at your own risk.

Contributor

Hi @mmolnar

I can confirm that the fix in that release candidate works for me.

Thanks a lot.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jakub Igla,

I'm glad to hear everything works. Don't forget to remove the DOCKER_TAG_CLOUDBREAK variable when you upgrade to a new version.

Contributor

Hi @mmolnar

Yea, won't forget. I've automated this process, so in my case it's just changing a value of my Ansible variable.

Unfortunately I observed another issue
In my kerberized cluster, when trying to start Hive Interactive I get this error:

Requested user hive is not whitelisted and has id 982,which is below the minimum allowed 1000

When I checked /etc/passwd I saw that half of HDP services are below 1000 and some are above.
This is again after an upgrade from 2.6. Should I create a new thread for that issue?

Thanks

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jakub Igla,

Yes, a different thread for a different issue would be nice.

Thanks